Yenişehir İlçe Milli Eğitim Müdürlüğü (YIMEM) was officially established in 2008 and is located in Mersin. YIMEM is a public authority and responsible for the planning and coordination of all kinds of educational and training activities. YIMEM is charged of supervising all types of formal and informal educational institutions. The administrative structure within the directorate consists of basic education, secondary education, vocational and non-formal educational institutions. The task of the Directorate is to carry out Turkish national education services, to ensure that educational institutions operate in accordance with the legislation, to meet their needs and to supervise.
YIMEM carries out education and training activities in line with contemporary principles and developments. YIMEM aims to raise individuals who are creative, respectful of human rights and the environment, in accordance with the EU norms, in accordance with the requirements of the digital age, by increasing the quality of education in the light of secular, free, democratic principles.
YIMEM train intern teachers every year and organize in-service training for teachers in the region. In addition, YIMEM plan and implement the education curriculum to be applied in
institutions every year. Since YIMEM is a public authority that supervises all kinds of educational institutions in the region, we naturally have a responsibility to integrate refugees into
education and social life.
YIMEM has 13 branches. These are Primary Education, Secondary Education, Vocational and Technical Education, Special Needs Education, Religious Education, Special Education
and Consultancy, Lifelong Learning, Construction and Real Estate, Information and Educational Technologies, Strategy Development, Law, Human Resources and Support Services.
We have a Director and 4 Branch Managers. There are 80 public schools / institutions, 101 private schools, 11 Special Education and Rehabilitation Centers under the District
Directorate of National Education.
Shortly our tasks:
- To create equal opportunities in education
- To create loyalty and commitment for educational institutions and contribute to social integration
- To create connections between parents and other social stakeholders and take precautions to support education
- To monitor students’ academic achievements and identify reasons decreasing success at schools
- To monitor the learning process of students
- To provide educational services for special needs students and encourage the best practices
- To provide educational services for highly intelligent individuals and children
- To develop methods, scope, and opportunities in life long learning education
- To contribute to the professional development of teachers and do works for capacity increase for provincial directorates and schools
- To carry out research, development, strategic planning, and quality development activities